Personal touches are one of the main things that people love seeing at weddings. Generic color schemes and layouts are gone with the wind – personalization and creativity are the way to go. One of the main problems with this is that paying for these upgrades and enhancements can put a big hole in your pocket with escalating prices.
This is the year for DIY wedding projects! Not only does making your own wedding decor save money, but it also adds your own personal touches at a fraction of the cost!
There are so many great outlets of DIY ideas on the internet that sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. We have narrowed down the search to 5 great DIY sites that can help any bride plan her perfect day.
1. DIYwedding.org – This site will not only help you plan your budget but also give great DIY stationary, wedding ideas, and favors. There are printable downloads available as well as a DIY store.
2. Style Me Pretty – Style me pretty is the “one-stop-shop” for anything wedding. They pride themselves on homemade done so right, with options like decor, cake, favors and gifts and fashion.
3. my DIY wedding day – crafty ideas for the creative bride! This site has great unique and creative DIY ideas to customize your wedding including cocktails and food.
4. DIY Bride – DIY Bride is all about creating amazing weddings one project at a time. This site has downloads for everything you need, even tips on how to sew your own wedding gown!
5. Pinterest – Pinterest gives brides and future brides a great way to interact with each other via photo-sharing. You can create your own personal wedding boards and share them with others. Check out our Pinterest for some great wedding ideas !